Particleboard core, or PBC, is a wood panel product that is used widely in the manufacture of furniture and cabinets. The use of industrial grade particleboard as a corestock for wood veneer overlays is one of its prime applications. Its smoothness, surface integrity, uniform thickness, uniform properties, ease of layup, and ability to stay flat make it an ideal core material. Veneered particleboard constructions are used for high-quality furniture, case goods, store fixtures, and cabinetry applications.
Particle board is a wood panel product consisting of discrete wood particles of various sizes that are bonded together with a synthetic resin or binder under heat and pressure. After a binder is added the material is hot pressed, sanded, and sawed.
Features and Benefits
- A flatter panel, in most cases, than veneer core plywood
- Warp is seldom a problem
- Consistent quality core for good bonds, even glue absorption, and resistance to compression
- More uniform caliper and moisture content in the finished panel
- Sheet sizes are 4'x8' and 4'x10'
- Over 100 wood species and cuts, including many exotics, are ready for quick lamination
- Ships easily by LTL or dedicated carrier
- Standard Size: 4'x8'
- Maximum Size: 4'x10'
- Weight/Square Foot (7/16"): 1.75lbs
- Weight/Square Foot (11/16"): 2.80lbs