FormWood 2-Ply Hardwood Veneer
FormWood 2-Ply hardwood veneer has a perpendicular face-to-back construction utilizing a thin acrylic membrane to provide protection against bubbling, glue seepage and telegraphing. The product provides no unsightly edge lines, unlike phenolic-backed veneer. The crossband construction allows FormWood 2-Ply veneer to bend on moderate curves in the horizontal or vertical direction.
Features and Benefits
- Pre-sanded and tenderized
- Mitigates bubbling and telegraphing
- Dimensional stability in flat and curved applications
- Stocked in basic species; exotic and special order species
- No phenolic or foil backer lines
- Thickness: .032-.035 plus or minus .005
- Size Availability: 2' x 8', 4' x 8'
- Machine Surface Sand: 150 grit
- Packaging Standard: 1-5 pcs / 6-10 pcs
- Typical Box Size:11-3/8" x 11-3/8" x 50" / 13-5/8" x 13-5/8" x 50"
- Weight/4X8 Sheet: 3.94 lbs
- (Bending Radius) Flexibility: Avg. 5" (varies with specie)
- Standard Size: 4' x 8'
- Maximum Size: 4' x 10'
- Recommended Glue: Solvent-based contact (flexible glue line)
- Best to store in a climate controlled environment (Heated in winter/Air-conditioned in summer)
- Relative humidity of 35% is best
- Avoid exposure to sunlight
Color and Grain Appearance
- Variation can be expected from sheet to sheet and lot to lot
- Sequence matching available upon request
General Application Information
- Inspect material for satisfaction of quality and grade prior to lamination
- All veneer should be acclimated prior to application
- Ideal temperature for application is 70-80° F
- Ideal humidity is 35%
- Surface must be clean, dry and smooth (free of dust, grease, wax) to ensure a good bond
- Use of solvent-based adhesives is recommended. Water-based adhesives are not recommended
- Veneer scrapers are recommended for hand application to allow for maximum pressure. "J" rollers are not recommended
- Adhesive should be allowed to cure for 48 hours prior to finishing