Marine Grade Veneer
From classic yachts to houseboats, the use of hardwood veneer and paneling in boat construction is often used to provide luxurious styling. FormWood supplies hardwood veneer, laminates and architectural panels to the boat building industry. Interior cabinetry, decorative and technical panels, high-low tables and a variety of trim pieces can be crafted to exact specifications.
While the predominant woods used in nautical applications are teak and mahogany, FormWood offers over 100 different cuts and species, including burls and other rare formations and a large selection of exotics. In addition, FormWood can meet the most demanding matching requirements preserving unity of design throughout. Flitch sampling is available and panels can be manufactured from the same flitch as veneer sheets. We also offer book matching, slip matching and sequencing as well as other matching options.
Specific Veneer and Products
- Create a unique look with one of our over 100 cuts and species of veneer
- Sequencing and special matching available
- Flitches can be specified (sampling available)
- 8', 10', and 12' lengths available in many species, as well as 5' wide and cross grain
- A wide variety of backers are available to meet all of your manufacturing needs. Backers include 10 Mil paper, NBL® wood-backer, DuraBack™ resin backer, Two-ply wood backer, and PSA. Cores include MDF, PBC, and Veneer Core
- Edge banding and edge strips are available to complete the look of your project
- One-time or ongoing production runs available based on your specifications