GET A QUOTE
PAPERBACK VENEER SHEETS
For true versatility, nothing compares to the natural beauty of our premium hardwood veneer. Each sheet is tenderized and sanded to meet our stringent quality standards.
Over 100 species and cuts, including many exotics, are available for quick shipment.
FormWood paper-backed veneer is tailored to meet the expectations of the most demanding woodworker.
We supply many of the major architectural millwork houses, kitchen cabinet and furniture manufacturers across the county. Our finely matched, paper-backed veneer is consistently chosen because of our high grading standards and attention to overall veneer quality.
Features and Benefits
- FormWood paper-backed veneer provide stability and flexibility while helping to minimize splitting, grainraise and glue seepage
- Custom matching of veneer sheets to exact specification is available
- Available with 10 mil, 20 mil and 30 mil paper-backing
- Sizes include: 4' x 8', 4' x 10', 4' x 12', 8' x 4', 10' x 4', 5' x 8', 5' x 10', 5' x 12' 90-plus wood species and cuts, including many exotics on the shelf, are ready for quick shipment
- Tenderized FormWood Paper-Backed veneer will bend to wrap a 1" radius (varies with species)
- Size Availability:4' x 8', 4' x 10', 4' x 12', 8' x 4', 10' x 4', 5' x 8', 5' x 10', 5' x 12'
- Machine Surface Sand: 150 grit
- Packaging Standard: 2-10 pcs / 11-15 pcs
- Typical Box Size: 11-3/8" x 11-3/8" x 50" / 13-5/8" x 13-5/8" x 50"
- Weight/4x8 Sheet: 3.1 lbs
- (Bending Radius) Flexibility: 1" (varies with species)
- Standard Size: 4’ x 8’
- Maximum Size: 5’ x 12’
- Recommended Glue: Solvent-based contact (flexible glue line), Urea formaldehyde cured in a press (rigid glue line)
- Best to store in a climate controlled environment (Heated in winter/Air-conditioned in summer)
- Relative humidity of 35% is best
- Avoid exposure to sunlight
Color and Grain Appearance
- Variation can be expected from sheet to sheet and lot to lot
- Sequence matching available upon request
General Application Information
- Inspect material for satisfaction of quality and grade prior to lamination
- All veneer should be acclimated prior to application
- Ideal temperature for application is 70-80° F
- Ideal humidity is 35%
- Surface must be clean, dry and smooth (free of dust, grease, wax) to ensure a good bond
- Use of solvent-based adhesives is recommended. Water-based adhesives are not recommended
- Veneer scrapers are recommended for hand application to allow for maximum pressure. "J" rollers are not recommended
- Adhesive should be allowed to cure for 48 hours prior to finishing
- Click the link for more detailed information about application guidelines for hardwood veneer paper backed sheets