Jewelry Boxes and Humidors
When crafting cigar humidors, jewelry boxes, chess sets and other game boxes, exotic hardwood veneer is often used to create exceptional styling. Because of their relatively small sizes, rare veneer can be used rather inexpensively to produce heirloom pieces of intricate detail and vibrant color. Exotic species and rare formations like burl and crotch wood create a look that is both classical and unique. In addition, contrasting inlays are perfect for chess and backgammon sets or other pieces showcasing geometric designs.
FormWood Industries provides custom hardwood veneer, veneer laminates and panels to fit almost any application within this industry. Recent advances in production technology allow FormWood to supply pre-fabricated panels, ready to be assembled and finished. The use of veneer in humidors offers many advantages over those made with solid wood. MDF does not expand like solid wood when exposed to humidity, and therefore is far less susceptible to warping and cracking. Also, FormWood can provide laminates using a burl veneer top layer, MDF core and aromatic cedar interior, simplifying the production process. High gloss lacquer finishes can be applied more easily to veneered surfaces as well.
All of FormWood's products come in both standard and custom sizes, and we offer solutions to fit all your production needs. Sampling of flitches is available and we can manufacture panels and sheets from the same flitch. Special matching such as book matching, slip matching and sequencing are also available. Our veneer is available in over 100 cuts and we have a large selection of exotics such as rosewood, ebony and mahogany. With a wide array of products and services, FormWood can meet exact specifications of even the most demanding or exotic wooden box projects.
- High quality veneer (including burls and exotics) made to your specifications.
- Create an heirloom piece with our offering of over 100 cuts and species.
- A wide variety of backers are available to meet all of your manufacturing needs. Backers include 10 Mil paper, NBL® wood-backer, DuraBack™ resin backer, Two-Ply wood-backer, and PSA.
- Many choices of core and substrate including MDF and veneer core.
- Panel thickness from .020" to 1.5" are standard products
Since 1972, FormWood has teamed with clients to create cost-effective solutions that allow companies of all sizes to streamline their production process. We work closely with all our clients to provide assistance with all aspects of design and construction. Our dedication insures that no detail is overlooked in creating pieces of unmatched quality and aesthetics. You can contact our Technical Assistance Center for application questions or one of our many distributors for samples and immediate access to FormWood products.
Wood Pool Table Manufacturers
Create a product to fit almost any application
- Over 100 different cuts and species of veneer to give your table a unique look.
- High-quality hardwood veneer made to your specifications.
- Sampling available.
- A wide variety of backers are available to meet all of your manufacturing needs. Backers include 10 Mil paper, NBL® wood-backer, DuraBack™ resin backer, Two-Ply wood-backer, and PSA. Cores include MDF, PBC, and Veneer Core.
- One-time or ongoing production runs available based on your specifications.