GET A QUOTE
Custom Hardwood Veneer Faces
FormWood Industries will source and splice hardwood veneer faces to meet your specifications. We work closely with designers and architects to develop unique, cost-effective alternatives to applying nature's wood beauty to store interiors, elevators, lobbies, furniture, cabinets, and casework.
Features and Benefits
- Faces may be Book or Slip Matched
- Running, Balanced, Center-Balanced, or Blueprint Matching available
- Long grain material available in 4' x 8', 4' x 10', 4' x 12', 5' x 8', 5' x 10', and 5' x 12'
- Cross grain material available in 8' x 4', 10' x 4', 12' x 4', 8' x 5', and 10' x 5'
- Specific parts can be created to meet your needs on a repeating basis
- Custom faces available to fill your specific needs for one-time orders
- Quick lead times possible due to the vast flitch inventory maintained at FormWood's facility
- Flitch sampling available to allow you to specify the perfect log for your application
- Custom sizing up to 5'x12' possible for over 100 cuts and species of veneer
Information based on a 4'x8' sheet.
- Thickness: 1/28" - 1/40"
- Standard Size: 4' x 8'
- Maximum Size: 5' x 12'
- Shipping Method: Flat via LTL or dedicated carrier
- Minimums may apply
- Best to store in a climate controlled environment. (Heated in winter/Air-conditioned in summer.)
- Relative humidity of 35% is best.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight.
- Can be stored at least 12 months in dry and cool (15-25°C/58-76°F) conditions.
Color and Grain Appearance
- Variation can be expected from sheet to sheet and lot to lot.
- Sequence matching available upon request.
General Application Information
- Inspect material for satisfaction of quality and grade prior to lamination.
- All veneer should be acclimated prior to application.
- Ideal temperature for application is 70-80°F.
- Ideal humidity is 35%.
- Surface must be clean, dry and smooth (free of dust, grease, wax) to ensure a good bond.
- Veneer scrapers are recommended for hand application to allow for maximum pressure. "J" rollers are not recommended.
- Adhesive should be allowed to cure for 48 hours prior to finishing.