No Black Line
NBL® laminates provide the custom woodworker with superior flexibility and performance when compared to other wood-backed products. NBL®'s patented 3-ply construction produces an extremely pliable, moisture-resistant sheet without the black edge associated with phenolic and foil backers. Minor substrate imperfections are "absorbed" and hidden by NBL®'s thermo-set joined face and parallel grain, all-wood-backer. Ease of application and over 100 different species and cuts make NBL® wood-on-wood laminate the proven choice for trouble-free projects.
Features and Benefits
- Offers a patented multi-ply construction, including an internal moisture barrier
- Tenderized to bend and wrap a tight radius
- Parallel grains provide balanced construction for flat storage and easy post forming
- No unsightly edge lines as with phenolic and foil-backed veneer
- Prevents bubbling, solvent seepage and telegraphing
- Ships easily by UPS
- Thickness: .032-.035 plus or minus .005
- Size Availability: 2' x 8', 4' x 8'
- Machine Surface Sand: 150 grit
- Packaging Standard: 1-5 pcs / 6-10 pcs
- Typical Box Size:11-3/8" x 11-3/8" x 50" / 7" x 7" x 99" tube
- Weight/4X8 Sheet: 3.94 lbs
- (Bending Radius) Flexibility: 2-4"
- Standard Size: 4' x 8'
- Maximum Size: 5' x 10'
- Recommended Glue: Solvent-based contact (flexible glue line), Urea formaldehyde cured in a press (rigid glue line)
- Best to store in a climate controlled environment (Heated in winter/Air-conditioned in summer)
- Relative humidity of 35% is best
- Avoid exposure to sunlight
Color and Grain Appearance:
- Variation can be expected from sheet to sheet and lot to lot
- Sequence matching available upon request
General Application Information:
- Inspect material for satisfaction of quality and grade prior to lamination
- All veneer should be acclimated prior to application
- Ideal temperature for application is 70-80° F
- Ideal humidity is 35%
- Surface must be clean, dry and smooth (free of dust, grease, wax) to ensure a good bond
- Use of solvent-based adhesives is recommended. Water-based adhesives are not recommended
- Veneer scrapers are recommended for hand application to allow for maximum pressure. "J" rollers are not recommended
- Adhesive should be allowed to cure for 48 hours prior to finishing