Provide a look more beautiful that Mother Nature intended. Uni-FormWood® laminates feature guaranteed color and grain consistency and are surprisingly less expensive than their naturally imperfect, real species counterparts. These reconstituted wood veneers are defect-free, identical from sheet to sheet, and are offered on your choice of backers from paper to plywood. For more information, Contact Us.
Uni-FormWood® is a man-made, obeche-based wood product that has been formed and dyed to exemplify a myriad of wood species. The process begins by rotary slicing the logs to yield sheets of veneer. The veneer is dyed for color by soaking in nontoxic water-based dyes for about 12 hours. The sheets are then collated in stacks, with a layer of transparent glue between each sheet. The collated veneer goes into a mold, which presses them together to form a solid block of wood. The block is then sliced to yield veneer of a certain design or wood structure, depending on the type of cut.
Are you searching for reconstituted wood from Brookside, Echo Wood, or Vinterio? FormWood Industries can source and fabricate the material that you want in patterns from these brands.
Need a quote or more information? Contact our sales department at 812-458-2118.
Features and Benefits:
- Affordable, real wood option to expensive exotics
- Consistent color and grain from sheet to sheet
- Environmentally friendly alternative to rare species
- Over 40 patterns available
- Applies like standard veneer
- Available in paper-back, NBL®, TP, DB, and Architectural Panels
- Machine Surface Sand: 150 grit
- Standard Size: 4' x 8'
- Maximum Size: 4' x 10'
- Best to store in a climate controlled environment. (Heated in winter/Air-conditioned in summer.)
- Relative humidity of 35% is best.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight.
- Can be stored at least 12 months in dry and cool (15-25°C/58-76°F) conditions.
General Application Information
- Inspect material for satisfaction of quality and grade prior to lamination.
- All veneer should be acclimated prior to application.
- Ideal temperature for application is 70-80°F.
- Ideal humidity is 35%
- Surface must be clean, dry and smooth (free of dust, grease, wax) to ensure a good bond.
- Veneer scrapers are recommended for hand application to allow for maximum pressure. "J" rollers are not recommended.
- Adhesive should be allowed to cure for 48 hours prior to finishing.