FormWood is currently hiring for a number of open positions. Please read the job requirements carefully and contact us if you think you’re the candidate for us. If you feel that your place is with our happy family of employees but you haven’t seen a job opening that fits your talents, send us your CV anyway and we’ll contact you when a relevant position becomes available.
- Paid Time-Off
- Paid Vacation
Position performs all tasks involved in the production of the company’s products; lamination of veneer sheets and panels. This includes working with veneer wood, core, various backers, production equipment, and packaging. The position follows standard work methods and practices safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
- Reads work orders and completes schedules and assignments as assigned by department supervisor
- Attach appropriate, accurately filled out, work orders and tags to products and packages
- Completes quality requirements per standard operating procedure
- Notify supervisor of any safety, and/or mechanical, or material issues that will affect the quality of finished products
- Place finished goods on the designated pallet or roll-cart
- Participate in continuous improvement activities within the facility
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
Perform work involving the skills to keep machines, equipment, and the structure of an establishment in repair. Duties may involve machining; carpentry; repairing electrical or mechanical equipment; installing, aligning, and balancing new equipment; and repairing buildings. Lubricate machinery, change parts, or perform other routine machinery maintenance.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Perform routine maintenance, such as inspecting drives, motors, or belts, checking fluid levels, replacing filters, or doing other preventive maintenance actions.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs, as necessary.
- Repair machines, equipment, or structures, using tools such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, wrenches, or equipment such as precision measuring instruments or electrical or electronic testing devices
- Record production, repair, and machine maintenance information.
- Set up and operate machines, and adjust controls to regulate operations.
- Collaborate with other workers to repair or move machines, machine parts, or equipment.
- Read work orders and specifications to determine machines and equipment requiring repair or maintenance