VENEER CORE PLYWOOD
Veneer Core Plywood, or VC, is a versatile product that can combine attractive surface appearance with superior performance while retaining comparatively high strength to weight ratios. It was developed to provide panels with dimensional stability and good strength both along and across the panel.
Veneer Core is defined as plywood in which all the plies are made of veneer orientated with their plane parallel to the surface of the panel. In veneer plywood, the direction of the grain in adjacent plies is normally at right angles, with the outer and inner plies placed symmetrically on each side of a central ply or core. Standard plywood veneer is produced using a lathe, which peels a log in a similar manner to a blade pencil sharpener. Synthetic resin adhesive is applied to the veneer and they are assembled with the grain of each at 90° to the adjacent veneer.
Features and Benefits
- Veneer Core weighs less than MDF or PBC
- The cross-laminated structure of VC results in a relatively small dimensional movement
- Over 100 wood species and cuts, including many exotics, are ready for quick lamination
- Ships easily by LTL or dedicated carrier
- Standard Size: 4'x8'
- Maximum Size: 5'x10'
- Weight/Square Foot (3/16"): 1.30lbs
- Weight/Square Foot (7/16"): 1.50lbs
- Weight/Square Foot (11/16"): 2.48lbs