Cabinet and Door Refacing
For centuries, veneer has been glued to a base or substrate in many different applications. This veneer finish enhances and beautifies the surface seen by the eye, giving the appearance that the entire piece is built from the more valuable wood seen on the surface. Although the basic process remains the same today, cabinet facings are still applied using the same basic principles. What has changed over time is the availability and variety of the species of wood, the materials with which veneer are applied, the sizes of veneer pieces, and matching of grains available.
For cabinet refacing professionals who demand the latest of technologies, quality, reliability and variety, FormWood produces veneer faces, wood veneer laminates, and hardwood veneer panels particularly suited to your refacing needs. FormWood's PSA (Pressure Sensitive Adhesive) is designed specifically for the purpose of refacing and quickly refreshes the look of cabinets and doors anywhere they can be installed.
Advantages of application with FormWood's PSA
- PSA can be applied over pre-existing wood or laminate surfaces.
- Simply peel and stick without using glue and making a mess.
- A wide variety of backers are available to meet most manufacturing needs. Backers include 10 Mil paper, NBL® wood-backer, DuraBack™ resin backers, and Two-Ply wood-backer.
- PSA is available in 24" width, and 48" wide sheets in all of our over 100 wood cuts and species.
- Sequencing and flitch matching are available, as well as other special matching requests. We can produce veneer from a single tree for guaranteed sequencing and matching.
- Edge banding and Edge Strips are available to complete the look of your projects, in either domestic or exotics woods.